We’re seeking a qualified Architect (ARB registered), or a highly capable and experienced Part 2 or Part 3 candidate with experience in low carbon retrofit and Passivhaus design.
Role One: Architect
- Position: Architect
- Hours: 30-37.5 hours per week (4-5 days)
- Salary: £32,500 – £39,000 pro rata (subject to experience)
- Contract: Permanent
- Applications open: Wednesday 6th July 2022
- Applications close: Sunday 31st July
- Interviews: Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th August
- Start date: from Monday 5th September 2022
Essential Skills & Competencies
- A Chartered Architect, ARB registered, or highly experienced and capable Part 2 or Part 3 candidate
- Experience and accountability working in the UK as a project architect from Work Stages 0-7
- High level of competency and experience (2 years minimum experience running your own projects and 5 years professional practice, ideally in residential, new-build and retrofit)
- Ideally a certified Passivhaus designer and/or PAS2035
- Highly experienced with ArchiCAD and representation software
- Technical knowledge of low energy and ecological design and able to produce planning, tender and construction drawing packages
- High level of proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite and Indesign specifically
- Strong drawing and representational skills
A little about you
It is essential that you have a minimum 2-years experience running your own architectural projects across work stages 0-7 within the UK; with experience and passion for low carbon design, Passivhaus and retrofit. You will be interested in challenging the role of the architect in society and building on our experience of ecological design, community engaged practice and beautiful architecture.
You will have excellent communication and graphic design skills, and a willingness to engage with co-operative forms of governance. Most importantly, you will demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of Transition by Design. You will be at ease engaging with clients, project stakeholders and colleagues with a confident, professional and friendly attitude.
You will be proficient at using ArchiCAD, Sketchup and the Adobe Creative Suite and will be quick to adapt to using new forms of software and remote working tools.
You will be able to work in our studio in Oxford at least 1day per week and attend regular site meetings in and around Oxfordshire.
How to Apply
View the full job description online here
Download the full Job Pack here
Please apply via the online Application Form.
Please complete our Equal Opportunities form here.
No personal information will be seen by anyone involved in the interview process. The equalities form will only be used for improving our recruitment processes. See the forms for more information on how your data will be held and used.
Interviews are held over Zoom (If a virtual interview is not possible please let us know).
Any questions please email recruitment[at]transitionbydesign.org
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 31st July 2021