We’re on the hunt for a Studio Manager to help with the day-to-day running of our busy cooperative architecture and design practice.
- Position: Studio Manager
- Hours: 22.5 hours per week (flexible working)
- Salary: £30,000 pro rata
- Contract: One year Fixed Term (with intention to become permanent)
- Applications open: Wednesday 11th November
- Applications close: Friday 4th December
- Interviews: 14th – 22nd December
- Start date: January 2021
About Transition by Design
Transition by Design (T/D) is an Oxford-based architecture practice, workers’ co-operative and community interest company (CIC) founded in 2011. We offer varied expertise from community-led housing to Passivhaus design, urban design and participatory design.
Our work is motivated by the belief that collaboration combined with good design can solve complex problems and improve the world we live in. As an interdisciplinary co-operative we have access to a range of skillsets that can unlock solutions to complex problems. We’re passionate about using these skills to make the world a better place by design.
About the Studio Manager role
Transition by Design is recruiting for a Studio Manager to help with the day-to-day running of our busy cooperative architecture and design practice. We’re looking for someone to take accountability for our operations and work alongside other members to run an efficient and effective studio. The new Studio Manger will be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping and financial management of the coop, for HR and people management, and for providing administrative support to the smooth acquisition and delivery of projects.
In addition to the core role, there are opportunities to play a part in engaging with our network by supporting the delivery of our communications and events, and in new business acquisition by supporting our bid writing and sales efforts. The Studio Manager will be based in our studio in North Oxford and will play a fundamental role in keeping a busy, mostly part-time team, spread across three cities connected and up to speed.
We need a friendly and proactive individual who feels excited by who we are and what we do. If you’re right for the role you’ll bring an adaptable approach, able to quickly pick up and improve the ecosystem of online tools we use to collaborate and communicate.
As part of the organisation, you’ll be co-responsible for managing the coop, including feeding into strategy work. We need someone who feels comfortable with this responsibility and excited by the chance to join a workers cooperative.
If you’re right for us you’ll be practiced at managing your own time effectively, and adept at effective prioritisation, delivering your own work to a high standard as well as feeding into broader co-operative activities.
As someone who will sit at the core of our team, you’ll be a good communicator, a strong project manager, and a steady and trusted anchor for the co-operative. Our culture is important to us and we’re looking for someone keen to play their part in the ongoing development of our cooperative work place.
We’re in a period of growth and this role, a first for us, will be instrumental in helping us streamline our processes in order to deliver more great work. We need someone who is excited by the idea of rising to this challenge and being the glue that holds it all together.
How to Apply
- Download the Application Pack from the link above which includes further information on the role, an application form and equalities monitoring form.
- No personal information will be seen by anyone involved in the interview process. The equalities form will only be used for improving our recruitment processes. See the forms for more information on how your data will be held and used.
- Apply via email to [email protected] with a covering letter, a completed application form, an equalities form (optional).
- In your covering letter, please state your availability between 14th and 22nd December to to attend an interview over Zoom (If a virtual interview is not possible please let us know).
The deadline for applications is midnight on Friday 4th December 2020